Flood Insurance

Did you know your standard homeowners insurance doesn’t cover flood damage at all. It’ll cover some damage from rain, but if your home is filled with water as a result of rising bodies of lakes, rivers, streams, and oceans, it won’t cover you.

The most common flood insurance is offered through the federally regulated program known as the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). It has two policies; one that covers your actual home (building property) up to $250,000; one that covers your personal property up to $100,000. You can buy one or both. Flood insurance is also available to businesses.